Bakerro is an online forum for the Singapore baking community to gather and share their passion about baking.
It is completely free for users to join, and popular forum topics include posting recipes, promoting your own online bakery, selling your old baking equipment and reviewing the latest baking equipment.
Over 2,000 members have joined Bakerro!
Since our launch in December 2005, we have seen a healthy growth over recent years in the number of users who have joined our community.
We have also kept our forum relatively free of spam, malicious links or any form of malware through regular monitoring and moderation.
What can you find on Bakerro?
By far, our blog section is one of the most-read pages on our website. Popular articles include:
- The Controversy behind Customising your Nutella
- Bakery Review: Provence Bakery
- 5 Classic Pastry Recipes that you have to know as a Baker
- Battle of the Singaporean YouTubers: Who did it better in advertising fast food?
- Bakery Review: Duke Bakery
- Bakery Review: BreadTalk
What’s on Bakerro’s Forum?
There are 5 main sections of the forum.
Members’ Area: Forum Support, Questions, Feedback & Announcements
This section is for registered members to post questions, ask for forum support and give feedback for additional features to be added
We are always open to suggestions on how we can improve our site. Administrator announcements will also be posted in this section.
Business owners of both brick-and-mortar and online bakeries are welcome to post an introduction of their businesses under Introductions: Come in and say hello!
What to include in your introduction:
- A short description of your bakery
- Where customers can find you (contact details, address (if any) and social media channels)
- Any other additional information.
Individuals are also welcome to post their greetings in this section.
The bulk of our forum topics fall under General Baking Discussions: Kitchen Chatter where the best conversations happen while baking.
There are 4 subsections in this sub-forum.
Share your recipes with regard to anything related to baking goods in this section.
By posting your recipes, you are aware that your recipe is no longer private and is now shared on a public domain. Please do not share any recipe that you are not comfortable with sharing!
If you have taken a recipe from an external source, please insert a link to the recipe.
Not sure what went wrong while trying out a new recipe, equipment or ingredient? Post your questions and baking experiences here, and hear what our fellow Bakerro members say! You may find a new fusion of recipes!
Shortened to Eggless Baking, but the full title of this section is supposed to be for people with special food preferences or food allergies or people on a diet or sensitive to a particular ingredient. This section includes Halal, Vegetarian, Vegan, Eggless, Gluten-free recipes.
Looking to upgrade your skills or try out the latest goods in town? This is the place for you to bounce your thoughts and clear your doubts.
Looking for something to complement your baking skills but not sure what to get? You can also ask fellow Bakerro members in this section, or give advice to other members. Members are also encouraged to post reviews of any baking equipment that they are currently using.
If you’re looking to sell your equipment, please go to the other main section titled “Marketplace: Buy/Sell”.
There are 2 subsections to this section.
- Post any job openings here (for bakery owners, or F&B establishments)
- Ask for advice if you are looking to venture into the F&B industry
- Share your thoughts on current baking courses
- Exchange ideas and opinions on the path to forging a baking career
As a business owner of a cafe or someone looking to conduct a workshop, you can post information about your workshop and an external sign-up link.
As an individual, you can browse through the courses and workshops that other Bakerro members have to offer.
Individuals are advised to check relevant qualifications and reviews before signing up for any courses or workshops with third-party agencies. This is beyond our control or supervision.
If you find something suspicious, do report it at “Contact Us” found at the bottom of our page.
There are 3 subsections to this section.
- Ongoing Promotions: This is the section where you can post any ongoing promotions that your business, store or online bakery is carrying out.
- Equipment: Buy/seek deals and sell your baking equipment here.
- Booth Rentals: Find booths to rent at pop-up events and flea markets.
How can you contact Bakerro for collaborations or enquiries?
If you’re interested in starting your own business, be sure to read the 6 myths about starting your own business.
Free Recipe: Make Your Own Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate
- 3 tbs yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tbs salt
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 chiles de arbol, chopped. If you can’t find these, use the little Thai birdseye peppers or dried Indian Japones.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1-inch stick of cinnamon
- 1 anchovy, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
About the Author
The Strawberry Startup is an ebook that teaches you how to reinvent the way you live, and start living the way you want by building your own business.
This business is ideally founded on your interests and passion that will keep the creative juices flowing, and the profits coming in. Find out more about our ebook in this blog post here.